The red one on the left is the firefly. She had a casing in her tutu where we put glow sticks to make her glow.
I made one more bug costumes, the praying mantis, but as I was busy with my duties, I was unable to get a photo much to my dismay. There are no pictures of it anywhere. Sigh.
In total, I made 2 firefly, 2 praying mantis, 2 caterpillar and 2 pink katydid costumes. It was a flurry of work for three weeks but I loved it. I really had a great time putting it all together. I also really enjoyed seeing the costumes on the girls. We had two sold out performances and they all danced beautifully.
I'm not reading much these days, but hope to start some summer reading. Mostly, I'll be looking into curriculum for my children.